Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Memory Box Dies..Love Them Or Hate Them.

I recently found this Memory Box die in Fremont MI at Haveman Hardware.Sounds like a weird place to find a stamping product but the great thing abut Haveman's is the one side is a scrap/stamp shop and the other a hardware AKA husband babysitter.Just an FYI Diane at Haveman  can find just about anything you are looking for and she will ship it for actual charges most times.Here is their website http://ww3.truevalue.com/havemanhardware/Home.aspx

The die used here is La Rue Flourish style 98218.The paper is from Hobby Lobbies line,Paper Studio The Simple Elegance Collection with foil.The little charm in the middle is a brad and I can not remember the company.I had to play around with the die a long while before I could get it to cut in my bug or Big Shot.I am taking Donna at Ruby Slippers advice and having my DH make me a metal plate as a shim.Right now I am not so in love with the dies because of the stress factor of making them work on my systems.Like anything else it takes practice.


No comments: