Saturday, June 22, 2019

Forty Nine Years Of Hard Work ..He Is Officially Retired.



My husband has worked a long time (49 years)to finally enjoy the life he has made for us. Our son and his family(dear daughter in laws wonderful idea)threw him a surprise mini-retirement party at Famous Daves last evening. He actually thought we were going to get the kids to take them to dinner so the parents could go out for a date night. He was genuinely surprised.
The best part of the ride home was when I texted son and said thank you all for a wonderful evening and we love you. He replied "Love you too! It's a small thank you for years of work(his and yours) to make my life amazing" We hit the lotto in the kid department.

3 comments:

Donna C. said...

A good, good man!

P.J.R said...

So lucky the rest of my life was blessed, Donna. I never forget that.

emarci said...

Congratulations to both of you! Let the traveling begin!